Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/lndcserv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3845
If a stain occurs on your carpet by an accident, there is no need to utilize expensive cleaning products or harsh chemicals to effectively remove it. A simple homemade solution would be enough to deal with most of the stains that could appear on a carpet. Making a carpet cleaning solution using organic products is less expensive than buying one from a store, and surely is a lot more beneficial to the environment as it doesn’t create toxic fumes when used. Depending on the type of the stain, there are different recipes to make your own carpet cleaning solution, and here are three of them.
Translucent Detergent Solution
- Carpet cleaners suggest a solution of ¼ teaspoon of translucent dish-washing detergent and 1 cup of warm water.
- Rub the stain with little pressure using a white cloth moistened with the solution.
- Blot the solution and the stain with a clean, wet cloth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ammonia to ½ cup of lukewarm water, and pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spray the stain with the mixture, and wait for 10 minutes before rubbing the stain gently with a cloth, as advised by carpet cleaning Balham.
- Rinse the area with a clean, wet cloth.
Vinegar and Liquid Soap Solution
- Combine ½ litre of lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon of white vinegar and 1 tea of liquid detergent.
- Dip a towel into the solution and then gently rub the stain.
- Use a clean damp cloth to rinse the area.