Notice: get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/lndcserv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3845
A garbage disposal is very useful kitchen appliance when it comes to disposing of food without making a mess. To keep your garbage disposal working properly for long time, it is important to clean it regularly. If the garbage disposal stops chopping up items effectively at some point, it is quite possible to have some rust on the blades. However, you can easily remove rust from a garbage disposal by using a lemon juice solution.
1. Add 3 tablespoons of salt to 1 cup of lemon juice. Mix well using a spoon.
2. Pour the mixture into your garbage disposal and let it sit overnight. Do not run any water into the sink or dispose of any food during the time in which the lemon juice is sitting.
3. Run cool water to rinse the garbage disposal in the morning.
4. Grind a few ice cubes into your garbage disposal to sharpen the blades.
If the above method doesn’t fix the problem, consider hiring professionals to repair your garbage disposal.
Sometimes, a slight clog could be the reason for the ineffective work of your garbage disposal. If that is the case, expert domestic cleaners suggest the following solution.
Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
1. Pour 1 cup of baking soda followed by 1 cup of white vinegar into your garbage disposal. The mixture will begin to foam, removing the clogging material.
2. Wait several minutes and then pour the boiling water into the garbage disposal.
3. Put small slices of lemon into the disposal and turn it on. This will remove grease and freshen the garbage disposal.