When I hear tips, I start thinking about scrubbing the tub or vacuuming the carpet. But there are some cleaning tips you must know and remember, because most of the cleaning services are not going to perform them in your house.
- Clean the light fixtures using soap and water. For that purpose you have to remove them and wash them very carefully.
- Something most of us rarely remember to do is to change the batteries in the smoke detectors. The high temperatures are going to cause fires and this way you are going to have peace of mind.
- Throw away the expired food from the fridge and also the expired medicine from the aid kit.
- Vacuum the area rugs and the doormats, especially under the refrigerator but do not forget to unplug it first.
- Replace everything in the bathroom. This means you should throw away the old shower curtain liner and the old toilet brush.
- When you do that, clean the shower tiles and the toilets very well.
- Clean the closet. Throw away everything you are not going to use and keep only the most important items. You can do that in the attic and the basement, too.
The most appropriate time to do that is the spring, but if you missed it, it is not too late. Call your cleaning services to clean your house thoroughly and you can meanwhile take care about these details.