How to Remove Drink Stains from Carpet
When a drink has been spilled on your carpet, acting fast will make the cleaning task easier. Once the spill dries, it may become much more difficult and even impossible to remove without damaging the carpet. Avoid using cleaning products containing bleach as they may discolour your carpet.
To remove drink stains without problems, Acton cleaners recommend the following steps:
- Blot up as much of the drink as possible by pressing paper towels onto the stained area.
- Dip a sponge into cold water, and squeeze it out until it is damp but not soaked. Dab the drink-stained area with the sponge repeatedly to extract the drink from the carpet. Rinse the sponge when gets soiled, and continue dabbing until no more drink comes up.
- Mix a solution of 1 cup of warm water and 1 teaspoon of dish soap. Dip the sponge into the soapy solution after you have rinse it thoroughly, and continue treating the carpet with the sponge.
- Mix ½ cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of water in a bowl, and dip the end of the sponge into the solution. Sponge the affected area with the vinegar solution until the stain is removed.
- Rinse the sponge with cool water, and use it to remove the dish soap and vinegar from the carpet.
- Cover the treated area with a bath towel, and place a heavy object on top of the towel. This will help extract any remaining moisture and dry the carpet quickly, according to carpet cleaning Acton team.