How to Clean Your Fan Blades
Summer is already over, the temperature outside decreases and we need to prepare our home for the incoming autumn. Before getting down to taking warm clothes out of the wardrobes, we need to take care of the possessions that do a great job in the summer heats that we can’t use during the cold months, such as fans. Your fan may accumulate a lot of dust and grime, so you need to clean it before placing it in the attic or cellar. So how do you find out the best way ‘how to clean the blades of your fan’.
Actually, it’s quite easy and cleaning experts say that it’ll take you approximately 15 minutes to clean your fan. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Make sure that your fan is unplugged.
2. Get a screwdriver to unscrew the front grille from the back grille of your fan. You may not need a screwdriver if your fan has grille clips, just push them off.
3. You need to remove the blade cap from the blade using a screwdriver.
4. Ensure that the fan blade is slid off.
5. To take the back grille nut off, you need to unscrew it first.
6. Clean your fan blades using warm soapy water and a sponge.
7. Let fan parts dry before reassembling the fan.
8. Once all fan parts are dry, you can reassemble the fan and switch it on.
Now, your fan should be clean and work quietly. You’ve missed the chance to clean your fan, don’t forget that such deep cleaning needs to be done in the beginning of the next summer. As you can see cleaning fan blades is very easy and it only takes a few minutes.