How to Remove Coloured Candle Wax from a Carpet
Carpets get stained constantly during their life time, and you should always be prepared to handle stains immediately when they occur. Spilled wax can cause a real annoying stain on your carpet, especially when the candle is colourful. However, every stain has its weak point that allows its removal although, sometimes it could be a bit more difficult. To get rid of a colourful wax stain, you will have to clean up not only the wax but the dye as well. Here is one simple solution that will help you to remove coloured candle wax from your carpet.
- Use a spoon to scoop up the bulk of the candle wax from the carpet.
- Carpet cleaners suggest placing an ice cube onto the stained area for a minute to harden the wax that is left on the carpet.
- Scrape off as much of the hardened wax using a dull butter knife, then vacuum the area to remove the loose wax.
- Turn on your iron on its lowest setting. While waiting for the iron to warm up, place a cloth over the remaining wax stain. Once the iron has warmed up, iron on top of the cloth to make the wax melt and adhere to the cloth.
- Use a sponge and dry-cleaning solvent to scrub the stained area. This will get the last of the wax out of the carpet and will remove the dye as well.
- Blot with a damp cloth to rinse the area, then dry immediately.
- If the stain remains, repeat step 5 and step 6. If the wax is still visible on your carpet, consider using professional cleaning services such as expert cleaners provide.